An exceptional Shishuvihara; ‘Nursery School’ opposite the very well run Chowdiah Hall.

An adorable elephant for kids to enjoy

 

On Sunday we were at Chowdiah Memorial Hall to attend a book release and a concert. As we were a bit early I stepped out for a walk. The compound wall just across caught my eye. The  blue board in Kannada said that it was a shishuvihara! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that it was a municipal school! As the gate was shut I peeped  through the railings and was very impressed! 

My memory goes back to a chat with an  autorickshaw driver who sends his children to a private English school. He reasoned that "while government  schools have better qualified teachers, they aren’t run well. Though private schools are expensive and have less qualified teachers, their teachers aren’t even paid as well as the public school teachers,  private schools are better!"  I wish he had seen this school. 

Generally Indian public schools have a poor reputation. I quote: 'However, because of the poor quality of public education, 27% of Indian children are privately educated'. Wikipedia.  Education in India is a massive subject. 
Play area

Yoga too!
Luckily I saw that the gate was actually open  

 I stepped in and went around and it was impressive. Clean and with many trees.  

Gandhi advises Don't Drink which seems to be a bit too early here!










No idea why this impressive sculpture is installed
in the middle of the school grounds?
 
We are all very proud of the 'Chowdiah hall' built in honor of our great violin maestro! It is well made, maintained and very well run. These two neighbors complement each other and proves to us we can do it! 





Comments

Vidhya Srihari said…
I am SO IMPRESSED that we have HAVENS OF LEARNING LIKE THIS SCHOOL. I WISH I COULD TEACH HERE!
Tara Kini said…
So well written and honestly so positive and encouraging!
Ranganath Setlur said…
Good find, Nidhi mama.
Srinivas Raghavan said…
Have shared with friends
N L Sriram said…
Nice! Our shishuvihara lost whatever open space it had and is a concrete jail now! Thirumalamma wouldn't even say school, always shaaley!
Venugopal said…
Very well covered Mr Sreenidhi. Malleswaram is getting a face lift because the residents are conscious of their surroundings
Gheetha Babu said…
Lovely school! Can't believe public schools can be so well kept and attractive
Jayanthi Shankar said…
Wow, I am super impressed with this school. So well done and hope they have good teachers to run this. You have captured some very good pics too. Admire your input towards this and thankful for your walk towards the school 😊
Bhuvana said…
I like the way you accidentally stumble upon worthy sites😀
D. Raghunath said…
Certainly an eye opener. The beautyof this country is that there are gems in the general grey background. This institution appears to be one. Good wishes to the school.
Radha Narsimhan said…
Very impressive Nidhi mama. Maybe u shld send your article to a newspaper for more people to see this.
Indira Raghunath said…
Amazing!!
Shanthi Srikanth. said…
Truly a blog with lots and lots of positivity. Your coverage through beautiful
pics says it all. Hope they have the right people to run and maintain it .
PS: Your surprise finds, our delight!
Venkataranga said…
Loved the positive message in your blog.
prasan said…
I have walked on this road between Chowdiah hall and this Shishuvihara several times during morning walks, but apparently, I don't seem to have your eagle eye for keenly observing the surroundings !! Thanks for the blog. Nicely written, with good pics, and refreshing. Next time I walk that road, I will make it a point to see this school properly.
Alka Mathur said…
You have an eye for unique things. It gladdened my heart to see that there are public schools there also where there is cleanliness and a good atmosphere. In Delhi the public schools have been renovated and their infrastructure us no less than private schools.

Popular Posts