Corona Times 2020 ....32. Srikanth recalls his battle against the Covid 19!



I had blogged about Srikanth, who is like my younger brother, on July 8, 2020. In fact, his wife Shanthi wrote it for me.

https://nidhibengaluru.blogspot.com/2020/07/covid-times-2020-24-when-someone-close.html

Mercifully, Srikanth has recovered and is at home! I asked Srikanth whether he was up to it to recount  for us how he had to cope with it all alone! Though he was permitted to use the phone, it wasn’t anywhere near the comfort of your near and dear  holding your hands and literally be there for you.

 A bit more  about  Srikanth :

He began his career with KPCL and retired as Executive Director after completing 34.5 years of illustrious service. He was involved in the operation and commissioning of 210 MW  Units aYt the Raichur Thermal Power Station ( RTPS), a challenging and interesting experience. 

After retirement, he spent time practicing music, counseling and became 'the man to go’  for family and friends needing help, support and advice.

Shanthi began as a teacher after her Masters and Teaching degrees and in time joined th Kippy e newly established Royal School at Jayanagar in Bangalore as its Principal. The school started with 12 children and grew to nearly 250 students with classes right up to SSLC.  She retired in 2002 and continued to be active as a part time trainer of Communicative English at Valuepoint Academy and editor of school books with Subhash Publishers till the year 2018.

For the last two years, both have been busy travelling, visiting family, sight seeing and going on  pilgrimages.

Coming to Srikanth’s battle with Covid 19, it was a hard fought battle. He is truly thankful to the doctors and staff of the RV Aster Hospital and is highly appreciative of his family and friends for their prayers, support and encouragement. I would add that the prayers of 1000+ who read the blog and many more who heard about his struggle would surely have helped in pulling him through.

In fact, there are distinct stages or scenes if you will!  Srikanth returned from his class on the Vedas, and complained of a mild cold, cough. A routine event, he thought,  but one which was to take a serious turn. The next scene is all about waiting at a nearby hospital for getting tested, As Srikanth recalls, every test was negative except the last one – the Covid 19 test which declared him Positive.

The frantic search for a hospital bed, which should have been easy, became a nightmare for the family, with his daughters and sons-in-law making innumerable calls without any luck. It’s almost a miracle that they found one at RV Aster Hospital, thanks to Dr Achint.  Then came another shocker- there was no ambulance to shift Srikanth to hospital.

The drive was full of tension. Shruthi sensibly opted to don a PPE kit, which made it hard for her to drive. Srikanth also had the presence of mind to look for landmarks to guide Shruthi to the hospital. One can commend Shruthi for choosing to go directly to the ICU to get the required medical aid. When the attending doctor asked her to take Srikanth back home after finding his oxygen levels normal, she refused on instinct. Lucky that she is a doctor and knew her patient well! She was thus able to convince the ICU doctor to keep him for a couple of days for observation.

 From here on, it is all Srikanth. His experience in the hospital was a roller coaster ride, only scarier. At first he thought he would be out in a week. In fact, he was even convinced that he would make it! Luckily, he pulled through, but it took almost 40 long uncertain days for him to go home! Let’s read what he has to say:

My Experience at Aster

“I was admitted on the night of 27 June 2020, a Saturday. It all began at 5 pm and in no way did I imagine that I would land in hospital by night. It was a rude shock when I had tested Covid Positive and  a ruder one at hospital when I was told  that no family member would be allowed to see or visit me. I had to accept it and my focus was now only on getting cured of my fever. The first night in the ICU was a bad experience with bright lights on, constant movement of people and patients yelling  and moaning in pain and discomfort. By the next morning, I had settled down and things seemed to be going good. On Monday night around 9.30pm, I was shifted to the ward but continued on 1-2 liters of supplemental oxygen. Thinking I had recovered, I was sure to be discharged in a day or two. I had no complaints regarding the food which was just Khichdi for meals, though I missed curds. Breakfast , soups and other drinks were quite tasty.” 

“However, the attending doctor told me the next day that protocol demanded  I stay in hospital for 7 or 10 days following which the test would be repeated and if  it was negative, I would go home. On 5 July, while watching TV and feeling all was well, I was suddenly told  that I was being shifted to the ICU. My oxygen levels had started falling. After a few blood tests among which my liver function test values were  found to be borderline, the doctors decided to start me on Remdesivir injections in the evening. Of course, they explained the situation to my family, took their concurrence and went ahead. Later, we came to know that there had been a shortage of this medicine in Bangalore on that day. Thanks to CMI Aster Hospital on Airport Road that I  got the injection well in time.”

“Rigorous treatment followed. Medicines given were strong dose of antibiotics, HCQ, Steroids  (Prednisone or may be Dexamethasone), Blood thinners, Remdesivir ( an antiviral drug), Tocilizumab   ( a monoclonal antibody that helps the body immune system to  battle the invading cytokine storm), Lasix to drain fluids in the lungs, Vitamin C, D and Zinc supplements, cough and Potassium syrup when required. I was put on high flow oxygen support through a full face mask which was painful as it had to be on for long hours. With all this happening, my mind started wandering and I wondered if things were getting serious, I which case it was going to be a long haul at hospital.”

“I fell back on my only strength –my belief in God and prayers to Him.  I chanted Gayathri and Mahamruthyunjaya mantras through  day and night. I felt I may not go home and was getting mentally prepared for a peaceful death on one hand. On the other, I was confident and hopeful of turning the corner. In fact, Shruthi told me that the doctors were very happy with my attitude and cooperation. I tried to put on a brave front but couldn’t control myself sometimes and I would breakdown. An attending nurse consoled me once saying an 80 year old man had gone home cured of Covid; why was I feeling hopeless?”

The next 12 days went by with Srikanth being in the ICU and constantly under the full face mask on 10-12 litres of high-flow oxygen. All that needed to be done medically had been done and dusted. Let’s read on to know what he says further.  

“Things seemed to be settling down with my oxygen requirement decreased slightly.  My condition had plateaued; there was no improvement or deterioration. The doctors looked toward improvement, naturally. However, on 17 July, there was another setback. I suddenly developed uncontrolled shivers and acute breathlessness.  Feeling depressed and thinking my end would come in 15 minutes, I called Shanthi and told her there is an emergency and that I would be able to call her only the next day, if at all. I was immediately  given increased high flow oxygen, medicines and  thus revived. In fact, in the morning I had disconnected the oxygen and even gone to the toilet with the help of a nurse. I had begun feeling I was getting normal. However, things had gone berserk. Thanks to the alert staff and their treatment,  I felt ok by afternoon and by evening, even better. They had put me on Lasix and the fluids had drained well, so I felt lighter and more comfortable. My breathing was definitely better.  Effectively, it was a rebirth. “

“By now I had completed 200 hrs of wearing the full face oxygen mask. The next day I felt normal and explained the whole episode to Shanthi in a low, weak voice. The staff objected to my using the mobile. Through the day I wondered why I was going through this ordeal.  Had I hurt my parents, my brother and his wife, Shanthi and the children? I begged God to forgive me.  I felt sad that I had not been able to stay  with my family for 10 long years due to my  job posting at Shakthinagar.  I had not seen my children grow up for I had been a visiting father. Shanthi had been father and mother to them. I also recalled some harsh decisions that I had taken at work. Trying to divert myself from this train of thought and calm down, I started reading the Vishnusahasranama when a ward boy came in and asked me, “ Where is  your God when you’re suffering so much?” I said, “Right now, you are my God as you’re helping me out so much.”  He turned and left without any reaction.”

To continue the story, Srikanth was moved from the ICU to a High Dependence Unit (HDU) on 20 July. He was given oxygen through an ordinary mask, a big relief. On 23 July he was moved to the ward. Two patients who were there were soon discharged and he was alone in the 5-bed ward. Later two more joined after two days.  On 24 July a HRCT  (High Resolution CT scan) was done. He was tired after that as he had had no food or drink till 5 pm. 

Srikanth continues:

“Well, the doctors tried periodically to reduce the quantity / rate of oxygen I was receiving. My saturation dropped drastically  as I was still not prepared for reduced oxygen. So they continued at 6-8 litres. I felt good when I was shifted to the HDU, a step down from the ICU and a step away from the ward. I don’t know how but I drew my own inference that I was going to be put on dialysis. I started worrying again but later found it was for another patient. I was now eager to go to the ward which I finally did on 23 July evening. My oxygen requirement had come down and I was able to hold my saturation at 2-4 litres per minute. In fact, the doctors and nurses in preparation for my discharge encouraged me to disconnect the oxygen for some time and walk in the corridor. I felt happy trying it out and did succeed in taking short walks. This gave me immense confidence. Late night on Monday, 27 July, my swab samples were collected– a negative result is needed to be discharged from hospital. I was told on Wednesday, 29 July morning that I would be discharged by evening. I waited till 6.30 pm and was informed that the same is postponed due to results coming out Positive. This was devastating. I called my wife, guru Sri Sivaram Shastry and my friend Raghuveer. I started feeling scared that my end now is imminent.  My guru consoled me and asked me to be courageous and I would be alright in two days.  I called Shanthi and told her I would not like to talk to anyone. I went into silence.  Gradually, I accepted the result and told myself I must surrender to God’s will. My tolerance was on test. “

“Days went by. My swab samples were again collected early on Saturday, 1 Aug morning. The attendant nurse asked me not to worry and assured that the result would surely be negative – she had heard of such cases. I was eagerly waiting for the results on Sunday, Aug 2. Results came in the afternoon and they informed me that I had tested Negative. I folded my hands in respect to all the nurses. I felt as if I had unloaded a huge rock from my head. I was now confident that I would be discharged the next day and that I will see my family at last after nearly 40 days. I prayed and thanked God for His immense help and blessings in curing me of the terrible Corona virus. 

 Dr Shivaraj came on 3 Aug morning and decided to discharge me by evening on two conditions: I must go home in an ambulance fitted with oxygen and continue to take oxygen at home. Shruthi had come to the hospital around 6.30 pm and cleared the formalities by 7.30 pm. I got the discharge slip at 7.45 pm and left the ward on the Third Floor with a kit containing books and medicines. All the nurses were busy  distributing dinner.   However, one of them helped me to reach the ground floor by lift.  I could not say good bye to the other nurses and ward staff.”  

“Ambulance Driver Mushtaq was waiting. Thinking I was fit enough, I tried to board the ambulance but  I  had no strength to even lift my leg.  With Mushtaq’s help, I got in and lay down with 2 ltrs of oxygen connected.  As he did not know the route to our house, I got up near Chalukya circle and guided him.  We couldn’t enter our lane as cables were hanging low. I walked the small stretch and reached home.  Shruthi also joined me soon. After Shanthi did the arathi, I entered home with folded hands and directly went to bathe. I then went to the pooja room.  I was beside myself as I thanked God profusely for bringing me back home to my family after nearly 40 days of hospitalization.  Shanthi had prepared a simple  dinner of badam kheer, rasam, rice and a palya. It was heavenly! I spoke to Shruthi and Shanthi for some time and called it a day. What a relief it was to be home, eat home food and sleep on my bed in my room!  I connected myself to the oxygen cylinder before going to sleep and quarantined myself for the next 14 days as per doctors’ advice. “

“I woke up early the next day.  It was now time to count my blessings. I could walk and go to the toilet on my own. I started getting back my sense of taste and smell. I had no complaints about the hospital food but I started relishing my meals better.  I could spend time watching the TV, reading the newspaper and listening to my favourite early morning radio programmes and  Vividh Bharathi in the afternoons and at nights. I was lucky to watch the foundation laying ceremony at Ayodhya on 5 August 2020. After a few days, I could do my pooja to a small extent sitting on a chair in my room.  Shanthi and I ate together after a long time though I would sit in the room and she, 10 ft away in the verandah. We continued to wear masks at home . Shruthi would join us at night after dinner. She wanted to be with us helping us to settle down. In about 3-4 days, I switched over from the cylinder to the oxygen concentrator; Prasan and Dr Vandana , my brother in law and his wife had very kindly lent it to me. I continued to be on 2-3 litres of oxygen. I had to monitor my saturation levels before and after every activity, such as going to the toilet, brushing teeth, bathing, walking inside the house. Every small activity put a strain on me. I had to ensure that at no point the oxygen saturation level dropped below 94. If it did, I had to take oxygen immediately.”

“My medications continued. I had to take Clexane injections for a week, repeat certain blood tests        (D dimer, CRP, CBC, Renal Profile and Electrolytes), and report to the doctor through a video consultation call.  My diet and medications were balanced depending on the blood test reports. Shanthi took care of my diet, including fresh fruit, vegetables, soups, Protinex or Ensure apart from the staples. She monitored my temperature, pulse and oxygen saturation levels through the day and maintained a record. We noticed that sometimes my pulse rate was shooting up and were told that it is ok as it would settle in due course.  She would keep my bath water and change of clothes ready and I was able to bathe independently. However, I found it tiring and I had to take oxygen immediately as my saturation level would drop to 92-94. I found that at other times -  mid morning, afternoon, evening and night – proning  (lying down on the belly with a pillow at the chest) would help me get my saturation levels to normal.  Gradually I increased my walking time though I was still confined indoors.”

 “After about a fortnight, I ventured outside and started walking in our lane, first in the mornings and   added evening walks too as I gained strength. Dr Achint advised me to sit in the sun and try climbing 2-3 stairs every day. Meanwhile, Shanthi started helping me to do some exercises such as leg raising, twisting at the waist, etc to regain my stamina and flexibility. By the end of August, I was able to walk up to 30 minutes morning and evening. I had earlier added pranayama to my regimen and continued to practise proning for 5-6 hours daily. One day I decided to climb more than 3-4 steps and found I could climb 10 and come down immediately without losing breath or feeling tired. That gave me immense confidence and from the next day, I started climbing the entire flight of 18 steps, sit upstairs for some time and pray,  then come down for dinner. Sometimes it pained me that I had to relearn  practically everything that I had taken for granted all  my life. It is only acceptance that has been helping me to move on day after day.  Soon I was able to squat down and do my pooja.  My  sleep pattern improved by the day. One evening, I drove my car and scooter up and down in our lane – this brought a smile as I felt I’m surely moving towards normal. I have been making conscious efforts at maintaining a busy and disciplined schedule. For the past 10 days, I am completely off supportive oxygen.  I am sure the Almighty has been guiding me and thus my inner strength is intact. “    

“It goes without saying that it has been a long fought battle during which I have had the support, love and affection of innumerable people.  Dr Jayanth and Dr Hema, my brother and sister in law who live in the US monitored my treatment and health status at hospital and continue to do so even today. They used to discuss with Shruthi on a daily basis and were very happy with the treatment administered at Aster.   Prasan and Dr Vandana  along with my mother in law gave immense support to Shanthi, Shruthi and Sankalpa. Shruthi and Sanki took turns to stay with Shanthi. Both Shyamal and JP, my sons in law stood by us like rocks. Their parents were very forthcoming and prayed for us relentlessly. We are really blessed to have such a wonderful family.”

“ Dr Achint’s help, support and concern have been invaluable as he not only got the hospital bed but monitored my condition on a day to day basis, discussed with Shruthi  and gave her and Shanthi a lot of courage. He continues to do so.  I am deeply indebted to him. “ 

“My sincere thanks to all the doctors, male and female nurses and others at ICU, HDU and the ward at third floor. They did yeomen service in taking care of me for nearly 40 days. As you have read, it is not a joke to fight this disease all alone against all odds. Thanks to the kitchen staff for giving me sumptuous and healthy food. I pray to the Almighty to give all of them the best of health and stamina to take care of patients. Their service remains unparalleled.” 

“I have no words to express my gratitude to my relatives, cousins, nephews, nieces, friends and many unknown people who have prayed for me and my family.  My cousins Sheela and Srinath, and a few of Shanthi’s friends performed special poojas for  my speedy recovery. After getting home, I spoke to all of them and thanked them personally. THIS CORONA SHOULD END WITH ME. NOBODY SHOULD GET IT. THAT IS MY SINCERE PRAYER."

Srikanth and I worked together to write the blog. 

Thanks to Shanthi for editing  and rewriting a bit to make the narrative flow!


Srikanth's quarters at Raichur Thermal Power staion
Where he stayed mostly alone for 10 years!
The Raichur Thermal Power installation from a distance. 



Meandering Kali river as seen from Sykes point.

With a wish that their life gets back to Normal including travel!






Comments

Unknown said…
The Supreme guides those who make the effort needed to help and save themselves. Their struggle brings strength which gets passed on to others who are within the same rugged battlefield.........Shiva to Maarkandeya as Time ( Yama) swings his pasha to end Markandeya life on earth.
This is an inspiring article at this time. Thank You for posting it.This truly is life.Deeply moved.
Unknown said…
I am so happy to see Srikanth in action & I would say it is really toughest fight he shouldered with the Almighty's grace. May God protect him always to stay healthy throughout his life.
Unknown said…
Written very well . Brings out the emotions in a stark way .
Unknown said…
Shrikant, my brother, you have always been a kind and helping soul to all of us and people around you. So happy you are getting normal, and there is nothing above the trust in Almighty.. Wishing you many years of health and peace..
I was waiting for my cousin Srikanth to recover fully to ask him about his experience. This blog answers all my questions and more! A very well written piece, it gave a vivid account of the ordeal he went through. Sadly, Carona is a battle one has to fight alone, with only the Angels in white coat for company. Thank God, Srikanth is back home and recovering well. This blog will surely inspire many, not only for tackling Carona but also to treasure the precious gifts we have around us and cherish every moment of life!
It's indeed God's blessings and your immense faith in Him and the great support from Shanthi, family and friends have seen you through this ordeal. God tests us sometimes, suffering makes us more resilient and at the same time thankful for every moment in our lives�� Please continue to take care, you won the battle with the help of an army of people in your life, may the Almighty bless you and keep you and family safe always��
Shanthi Srikanth said…
Shanthi Shrikanth received the following messages reacting to this blog. Putting them together for ease of uploaing!

1.OMG! This makes Srikanth's story even more scary. The blog is scary indeed. The part about how it affects one's mind is very scary. God has blessed you all. I only knew what went on in your mind. The present blog reveals his inner thoughts during his hospitalisation...Raj Narayan. (Friend. Incidentally, he was Srilatha's neighbor in Jayanagar, also the person who manufactures electronic music instruments like the tambura which we all use. Owns the company, Radel.)

2.V.well narrated. Absolutely useful info. Hearty congrats to Srikanth n family for overcoming the devil.... Vidya Prasad (Friend)

3.Shanthi this brought tears to my eyes. Hat's off to Anna's resilience to go through this trauma and your's and Shruthi's courage in withstanding and holding onto sanity in handling this crisis. Savira namaskara to God and to you both.....Indira Reddy, (Friend)

4.It's quite an overwhelming read, Shanti! So glad it's all behind you now. Thanks for sharing. Srikanth's recovery is highly inspiring. More strength to all of you

May God bless us all and keep us all healthy ... Rashmi Rao (Cousin)

5. Very well written . Brings out the emotions in a very stark way... .Prasan (Brother)

6. Shanthi it is such a terrible time probably the worst for anyone that Srikanth has been through and like he says pray and wish this pandemic ends soon without humanity suffering much longer. Very moved by the article couldn’t help my tears. A big salute to Srikanth’s faith in the almighty. ..Indu Rangaraj (Friend)

7. Yes Shanthi. This post really made me emotional. Really brought tears. Would bring tears to any one. I have no words. Anyone other than Shrikanth would have succumbed to this. Agree that the goodness in Shrikanth and you has proved its worth. May you both have many many many more healthy,wonderful years with your children and grandchildren... Lalitha
(Friend)

8.It is heart rending to read through the harrowing experience...Srikanth was under the care of the best doctors, nurses and ward boys..no doubt at all....Stay blessed.

Jayshree Basavaraju. (Friend)
Badari said…
It is very intresting and inspiring and educating all at once to a lot of people. Objectively speaking as a doctor who has seen the worst of COVID in the US, it is heartening to see the management in the hospital. The part that caused so much additional anxiety was the re-testing. The common test used, RT PCR, tests for fragments of the virus that remains positive long after the infection is gone. If it were not for that, possibly you coukd have gone home much earlier? Just a thought.
Anand Kumar said…
Very inspiring for the resilience shown during the time of adversity. God give u good health Sir .
Shanthi Srikanth said…
Shanti adds:

Hi Shanti. What a blog! True and best possible insight of what one faces under such circumstances. At times it churns the stomach realizing what it was for Srikanth. What kind of thoughts must have come to him. Anxiety fear , frustration , hope , belief in God , recollections of the past all haunting together while lying all alone away from family for days fighting the evil with uncertainty lurking about future. It is certainly his composure, philosophical bent of mind, good heartedness which leaves ones conscience clear that helped him come out of it. I truly admire you Shanti. How you kept yourself calm not giving in to anxiety , kept communicating with others , not loosing hope , Doing your best boldly and taking right steps. Those circumstances would drive anyone towards insanity. It is your attitude that supported Srikanth most when he needed it most. It is so well written. Thanks for sharing. May God keep you both always happy - it is my heartfelt wish. Love. Geetha.

Geetha Bali Satyamurthy...she's the retired Vice Chancellor of the women's university.
doreswamy said…
A few comments sent to me:

Thanks for this blog Nidhi. I am really happy Srikanth has fully recovered. Was a real ordeal. Please convey our gratitude to him (and to his wife) for sharing his experiences (the earler blog as well as this one) and best wishes to him. ....Prasanna Kumar

Nidhi pretty extensive but very well written and gives all the details making one feel part of the recovery process......Alka Mathur

Glad he made it through. Scary though! It is a lonely battle like most illnesses I guess this one is physically distant too........Rohini Shrinidhi

Srinidhi, very nicely written.
First hand information on actual experience is bit scary.
Lot of positives in terms of care and support in the hospital.
What an ordeal! We all have to follow social distancing and mask religiously.

ಬಹಳ ಕಷ್ಟ ಅನುಭವಿಸಿ ಗೆದ್ದಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ತುಂಬಾ ಚೆನ್ನಾಗಿ ಬರೆದಿದ್ದಾರೆ.ಒಂದು ಚಲನ ಚಿತ್ರನೇ ಮಾಡ್ಬಹುದು......Appegowda Prasanna
It is miracle..........Chandra Mouli
Scary...Mohan
doreswamy said…
Friends of Srikanth

Very happy to see you both. Glad its over. I had emailed you not sure if you got it.
.. Shivu

Dear Srikanth, You are a blessed soul! 🙏🙏
Your goodness, such a loving and caring family and most of all your unflinching trust in god and positive spirit is inspiring and provides courage and hope for anyone going through such a trauma! Words fail to express my feeling after reading this blog!
Wish you a very happy and joyful days ahead!
🙏🙏 to you and your entire family! 🙏🙏.....

Very well written and answers all the questions I wanted to ask! Never knew you underwent all this agony! Thank God you are now fully recovered and inspiring others!.......

Oops, brother - you went through a great ordeal. Thank God you recovered & back home now in the midst of your loved ones. Very well written & pretty detailed. Never knew of your ailment till you informed after returning home. Will catch up with you soon - all the best. God is great ! 👍🙏🏼 ...................

Just read . It's a story of courage and faith in God. You are a hero and an idol to look up. Thank God for the recovery. How are you now?........

Srikanth, you are a great fighter. God has been with you & will always be. Very heart touching experiences you have gone through. TC. God bless you. Will keep you & your family in our prayers. 🙏🙏.............

Shanthi Srikanth said…
Shanthi's cousin

Thank you Shanti for sharing. It is very well written and, as the reader, I felt like I was there. Srikanth's attitude throughout the whole ordeal is amazing and your support is unwavering. I particularly liked how he continued to challenge himself during the recovery process.

Thanks again for sharing!

Sanjeev Rao, from US.
doreswamy said…
What an ordeal....all the best Srikanth...thanks for sharing this story with us Nidhi ...
Aruna (Neighbor)

kvssiyer said…
Really an amazing
And authentic narrative of the brutal facts of realities experenced with confidence discipline and supports of the near ones and dear ones
Thank you very much for sharing as a wonderful case study baseofon own experience as a matter pf precaution and the realization of the need for excellence in relation ships with near ones and dear ones and all and salutations to the healthcare community and family members and friends
Thank you NamAsthe
Take care till you are perfect as a model of excellence in dealing with a situation extraordinarly complex a challenge
PRANAM
Friends of Srikanth.

What ordeal you went through snd came out of it so so well, so proud of you and Shanthi

Hi Srikanth. What a blog awesome. You both are the best people that I know. God bless you both with good health, cheer and so much positive attitude. Lots and lots to learn from both of you!
Srikant Has given a very detailed account which is very informative to all of us(Senior Citizens) . I think apart from Doctor's care it is the will Power that has seen him through . I know Srikant Very Well and I wish him good health and enjoyable future . Kudos to his Family and srinidhy who have been of great support to him during the period of his hospitalisation .
Shanthi Srikanth said…
From friends

What an amazing story, very novel way of interspersing diff views. Hats off to our women for their selfless work and their indomitable spirits. He is lucky to have you by his side. Good luck and be well........Kashyap

Dear Shanthi, so many lessons to learn from what Srikanth, you and your family has gone through. Hat’s off to all of you brave souls...... Jaishree Iyengar
Dr Anitha said…
Glad and very happy to know that my dear friend Shruthi s father fought the covid battle so bravely.covid has given us all an opportunity to realise that how valuable time,home, family, Friends, health status is for each of us.Shruthi you have made decision very sensibly in the right time.sarve sukhinoo bhavanthu .. happy to read uncle thanking frontline warriors who don't care for their life.... Family time , enjoy Shruthi...
Shanthi & Srikanth said…
Shruti's Friends
1. Such an overwhelming read,it is. Left me teary eyed at a lot of places during the read. Kudos to uncle and his resilience. So glad that its all over. Wishing all of you lotsa love and health always 💛

2. Hi Shruti...dad has expressed his experience so well....just brought tears in the eyes...it's inspiration and motivational for all of us....he never lost hope,his inner courage and eternal belief in God which has kept him going... happy that he is almost normal..... actually I got hope, reduced my inner tension regarding covid once he started improving.... Dr Rathna

3. Shruthi just wonderful. I couldn't stop myself from finishing it once I started

I can imagine what all of you have gone through especially uncle. Enormous strength required to face the situation.......Dr Jyothi,

4.Such an overwhelming read,it is. Left me teary eyed at a lot of places during the read. Kudos to uncle and his resilience. So glad that its all over. Wishing all of you lotsa love and health always 💛 Mamatha,
Unknown said…
Dear Nidhi thank you for taking us on journey of Covid.Beautifully written with all his sentiments,fears,strength and faith.Let us pray that this virus loses its potency or we all gain immunity.These are my sincere prayers!Shanthi and two girls and the sons inlaw showed us what is an ultimate sacrifice ,faith in God
Which is only thread that they could hang on to !
Setlur Venakataranga said…
Superb.I enjoyed it. What an ordeal but so happy he made it.Well done.
D. Raghunath said…
Congratulation Srikanth on successfully coming out of the ordeal. Wish you further recovery.
We compliment Shanti and you on a very lucid description of the events. please follow standard Covid-19 precautions for some time more.
Vatsala and Raghunath
Unknown said…
Congrats Srikanth, beating Corona. glad its over. I liked the story, we all played, together.
You & your brother Jayant were our favourite Children. I used to carry you & then you brother. We lived opp to MGV shouse. Those were the joyful days.
Unknown said…
Needless to say Nidhis family , MGVs family, your family was very close to us.
Shivashankar ( shivu)

Popular Posts